We encourage our family members to be active in community service and fellowship events sponsored by Grace Lutheran Church. These include ongoing participation in:
- Donations of non-perishable food delivered to the Community Food Pantry in Mohegan Lake. During Jan-Feb 2022, Grace collected 662 boxes of cereal for the Community Food Pantry in Mohegan Lake during the Cereal Bowl on Super Bowl Sunday, an increase of almost 100 vs. the 568 boxes collected in 2021.
- Pen pal correspondence with KEMPS students in Bukoba, Tanzania; donations of school supplies
- Adopt-A-Road cleanups on Route 6 in the spring and fall
- “Cookies for College” baking and packing of cookie tins in May and December (just in time for college finals)
- Donations of bag lunches, clothing and toiletries for Midnight Run to serve NYC homeless
- Pot luck fellowship events
- Keeping in touch with members who may not be able to attend in-person worship services and activities.
Special fellowship events during the year (when not under Covid restrictions) may include: Family Movie Nights, Boy Scout Sunday pancake breakfast (February), Rally Day games and activities to kick off new school year (September) and Harvest Breakfast (October). In December, we host a Christmas party at Grace, featuring a catered dinner, a visit from Santa Claus, story time with Pastor Chris, caroling and good fellowship.
We miss hosting our “Seasoned Citizens” luncheons in March, April, May, September, October and November at noon after our late worship service, and plan to resume them when it is safe to do so.